Thursday, May 5, 2016

May TBR

Hey guys! So May is upon us...... and that means so is the end of school! Or at least until August-but that's 3 months away. We don't need to think about it yet.

I know its already like a week into May, but I still wanted to share my TBR with you guys (even if that means being a week late!) Life has gotten insanely busy- and I have found myself babysitting my own siblings 15+ hours a week, which makes my brain go insane. But that is what books are for! So here are all the books I plan on reading this month:

1. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

As lame as it sounds-this book is one of my most anticipated books of the year. I. Can't. Wait. Its basically a sequel to the sequel of the original Percy Jackson series. It's going to be part of a 5 book series called the Trials of Apollo. It's set a few months after the events in Blood of Olympus, when Apollo angers Zeus (Who doesn't? Zeus is a huge jerk who just likes to show off his power by making peoples lives miserable.) Zeus turns Apollo into a mortal, and so Apollo, being completely disoriented and lost, makes his way to camp half-blood for help to become a god again. Uncle Rick has already told us we will be seeing every character from the last series, AND I CAN'T WAIT OH MY GOSH. I pre-ordered a signed copy, which should be here any day now. I know as soon as I get it, I am going to open the package, plop on my bed, and read it in one sitting. I feel bad for the mailman-his ears might break  from me squealing so hard.

2. Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart

I meant to read this a month ago-but never got around to it. So here it is again on my May TBR. I swear I will read it this month. This book is about two kids, Lily and Dunkin. Lily is transgender-a girl inside a boys body, and Dunkin suffers from Bi-polar disorder. I am really looking forward to how this author is going to deal with these issues, but am also slightly worried it will be a horrible interpretation. They are such serious topics, and if dealt with in the wrong way, can make a really good story a really awful one.
3. Land of Forgotten Girls by Erin Entrada Kelly

I am really excited for this story-mostly because it features someone of my culture(kinda). This story focuses around two Filipino girls, whose mother died. Their father remarried and then moved to America and then left. So its kind of like a Cinderella retelling but not fully. I am one-eight Filipino (so exact, right? Can you tell I like math?), so I am super excited to see the cultural implements in this story. Plus the premise sounds really promising. So yeah, this is probably going to be my next read.
4. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

I am not going to lie. I have already finished this book. But for the sake of this TBR, I am going to pretend I haven't, okay? Okay. *cough* TFIOS reference *cough* Okay, enough of my bookish references. This is the last book in the Mortal Instruments series. Which is terribly sad, exciting, and terrifying all at once. This is a whopping 700 pages, 300 more than any of the other books in the series. And if I learned anything from this series, it's that a LOT can happen in a tiny amount of pages. So the fact that this is the end, and is 700 freaking pages, and Cassandra Clare the master of plot twists, all of those facts makes this book terrifying. NO ONE CAN DIE, HEAR ME CASSANDRA CLARE? NO ONE DIES. Thank you.
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

It's really sad that I haven't read this book yet. I really really really really need to. I have even read 50 pages of it! But one day I was like "Ooo, look a butterfly1" and put it down, never to pick it up again. But here I am picking it back up! I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure how to really explain this book, so I'll just give you the Goodreads description:

"Little Women is the heartwarming story of the March family that has thrilled generations of readers. It is the story of four sisters--Jo, Meg, Amy and Beth-- and of the courage, humor and ingenuity they display to survive poverty and the absence of their father during the Civil War."
6. Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

And lastly, the most ambitious book of them all which I probably won't get too, Sherlock Holmes. I don't know much about this, other than its about a detective and a lot of people like it. So yeah, those two things intrigue me, so I am reading it. LOL. I probably won't get to them all this month, unless I end up with a sever sickness that leaves me in my bed unable to do anything but read, so I will probably just get to a few. But that's still a few more than I would have read otherwise ;) But have any of you guy's read Sherlock Holmes? If so, do you reccomend it? What are your favorite of the stories?

Welp, that's it I guess. What books are you guys planning to read this month? What is the most ambitious one? Which one are you most looking forward too? Love ya guys, see you (I guess? How should I put that?) Sunday with my next blog post!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! Little Women and City of Heavenly Fire are both on my TBR list. Although I've only read the first two books in The Mortal Instruments series ahem.

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read the rest! They are all AMAZING! Haha, I am glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read Little Women! I am so behind on reading the classics it's not even funny.

      Delete