Friday, April 8, 2016

Introduction

Hey guys! I'm not going to go on about myself much in this post, and if you want to find out more about me/find my social media go to the About page above. Instead, since this is a book blog after all, I thought I would do the Ultimate Book Tag so you guys could get to know about me in a bookish sense a tiny bit. 

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
 Sometimes, it really depends on my mood and the book I am reading. If it is early on in the drive, and my book is mildly interesting (Like TFIOS, I finished that in an entire 3 hour car ride) then I normally don't get sick.

2.  Which author's writing style is completely unique to you?
Hmm, this is a hard one. I would have to say Ransom Riggs, author of Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. The way he intertwines images with his writing is really unique and interesting.

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter series. 
1. Its my childhood-and my first series I ever fangirled over 
2. Better and more diverse characters.
3. Better plot.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it (besides books)?
No, I actually don't own a book bag. Normally, I just fit my book into my purse with a bookmark.

5. Do you smell your books?
All the time. The smell of the library is one of my favorite smells in the entire world.

6. Books with or without illustrations?
Both I guess. I like illustrations as the make the story seem more real, but I also like leaving the imagery to my imagination.

7. What book did you love while reading but later found out wasn't quality writing?
I honestly don't know about this one. The Series of Unfortunate Events I guess, though the writing style isn't terrible....

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
Despite being an avid reader when I was younger, I don't have any funny stories. I was a shy child, especially about my reading.

​9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling, landing at a whopping 41 pages (all of which are amazing!) 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, at 553 pages (I have a lot of close ones though!)

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes! I adore creative writing, and actually have Wattpad and Fanfiction.net accounts (find the links on my About page). I do see myself as a future author, though I am not sure if it's actually going to happen :P

12. When did you get into reading?
When I was around 7, I started the Magic Treehouse series and ever since I have been addicted.

​13. What is your favorite classical book?
I'm not much of a classical person, but my favorite is probably Anne of Green Gables.

14. In school is your best subject Language Arts/English?
It isn't my best subject, but I do pretty well in it.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had already read and hated, what would you do?
I would probably say thanks, and then offer it to a friend who I think would like it.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter and the Hunger Games?
Warriors, by Erin Hunter. It has the same action vibe that Harry Potter has. Or Divergent,  by Veronica Roth which is very similar to the hunger Games.

​17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don't film :P

18. What is your favorite word?
Hm, I don't know I like too many words to choose :P

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
All of the above!

20. Vampires or Fairies?
Fairies! 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels?
Shapeshifters!

22. Spirits or Werewolves?
Spirits! (Unless we are like comparing Peeves the Poltergeist to Remus Lupin, then Werewolves) 

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies!

​24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Eh, forbidden love I guess

25. Full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Depends on my mood and the characters in question :P

There you go guys! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in a comment, and I will reply ASAP.

9 comments:

  1. This is so great :D I shall be following this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You share almost all of my opinions- but my books are thicker xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, thats awesome! I want soooo many thick books-I just haven't gotten them yet xD

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't have an exact schedule yet-but my goal is to try and post Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, that's a lot. Thank you!

      Delete