Friday, April 8, 2016

April TBR

Hey guys! Spring is among us, and I can't believe it! The year has blown by so fast, and  school ends in two months! I am currently on spring break, and also am traveling a lot this month, which means my TBR is quite large this month.... but I finally got out of my reading slump and am ready to get caught up on my reading challenge!

1. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
I started the Mortal Instruments in March, and am loving the series so far! I cannot wait to continue on, although half of me wishes that the series did end at City of Glass with its happy ending. But we all know Clary and Jace can't stay out of trouble forever :P Can't really summarize it without spoiling it sooooo.

2. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Hoping to get to the fifth book this month as well, because I know I will be wanting more after City of Fallen Angels. Once again, can't summarize without spoiling :P

3. Shadowhunter Codex by Cassandra Clare
Since all of my libraries copies of City of Heavenly Fire are checked out and aren't due until the end of April, I decided I would settle for this. Cassandra Clare basically wrote this as if it were the Shadowhunter Codex, and had Simon's, Clary's, and Jace's notes in it as if Jace was teaching to them about the world with it. I'm really looking forward to it, and hope it gives me lots of background information on the shadowhunter world.

4. Not after everything by Michelle Levy
Very random book compared to my others-but I have been wanting to read this book for ages. This story is focused on a boy named Tyler, who is the typical highschool golden boy when his mom commits suicide. His dad becomes abusive, and he has to find a job to support him and his dad. Along the way he meets his former childhood best friend Jordyn, and they fall in love. However, Tyler can't let Jordyn find out about the chaos his home life has become, but something happens and I believe she finds out and something happens. I know its gonna be a dark read, but I also know it will be a deep and important one too.

5.Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gaphart

I recently got this ARC from my library, and it isn't set to be published until May. I don't know much about it, other than the two main characters are transgender and have bipolar disorder. Again, a deep but important book I can't wait to read.

6. The 5th Wave by Richard Yancy

I am super late at reading this book. I think we all pretty much know what its about, aliens invading earth, and a girl having to rescue her brother from them with an untrustworthy boy. I want to watch the movie, but really need to read the book so spring break is the perfect time.

And yeah! Thats my semi long/shortish tbr. I might end up reading more, but who knows. I hope you guys have a great April!

No comments:

Post a Comment